Tuesday, January 9, 2007

College Football

Last night I indulged myself and watched my first and only football game since arriving last year. A friend invited me to his house and watched the Florida/Ohio State game, which started at 3am. Although it was difficult to cheer for the Gators, they fully handled the Buckeyes and one has to give them credit. So, to all you Gator fans out there, congratu

Sorry, these "Big Orange" fingers just couldn't finish that last sentence (you get my drift).


IN OTHER FOOTBALL NEWS
This was too good to pass up:

University of Louisville head football coach Bobby Petrino tearfully announced this week he is leaving the Cardinals to take the same position for the NFL's Atlanta Falcons. Stunned defensive lineman Earl Heyman reflects on hard times:

"I think it'll bring us extra-closer," Heyman said. "We've faced diversity this whole season."
But diversity aside, life is full of tough decisions.
"I thought he was going to be here for 10 years," Heyman said. "But you can't fault him for looking out for his family."
True, but...
Less than six months after signing a 10-year, $25 million contract with the Cardinals and saying "this is where I want to be," Petrino made the decision [to coach Atlanta] public.
Hard to argue with a guy wanting to put food on the table, you know.



(via Tim Blair)

No comments: